5/24/12

In Attendance at Camden Mayor's Youth Council Administrative Meeting

So after finding a parking space fairly close to City Hall in Camden, I made my way up the steps to the checkpoint.  It has been a long time since I'd entered a government building and so had forgetten the need to shed the items that would cause that wonderful metal and electronic detector beep.

Once through, I walked up the steps and headed to a meeting I will not soon forget.  Many people had already seated themselves around a long retangular table, all there to talk about how to create a better Camden City for the current and future residents and visitors.  I enjoyed an appearance by Mayor Redd and witnessed an appreciative ceremony for Sensei Anthony Lingo who runs the meeting. 

When my turn came to speak about my novel, A Beautiful Girl, I shared how it has positively affected the young people who've read Sara's story.  What I didn't expect was the standing ovation I received before taking my leave and heading back to work.  Such an honor from people who spend their days working hard to make this community a safer place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment