10/2/21

Breaking Out of the Dry Spell

Sunny skies and a moderate temperature marked the start of a wonderful day. On September 25, 2021, I spent almost eight hours at the Westville Fall Festival, setting up, presenting my books and mugs to potential customers, and packing up for the day. My booth neigbor and fellow writing friend, Tom Minder, and I talked and joked between sales. Standing next to a small petting zoo didn't hurt in the least. In fact, the crowds that walked by our booths were a welcomed treat.

I featured my newest releases: the print versions of Love's Intensity, If It Kills Me, and Danny R.O.S.S. I published those novels in 2020 to make use of my extra time at home. Mugs decorated with pictures of all my book covers filled in the spaces, ready to serve as holiday gifts. I even had many copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: I'm Speaking Now which includes a memoir of an event that happened to me many years ago.

Being able to sell my books at an outdoor event this year brought some relief after having every single vendor event cancel last year. So many of my readers had been waiting for new signed releases, but they had no choice but to wait another year.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table to buy copies of my stories and poetry. I appreciate your patronage very much.

Now, I'm looking forward to doing this all over again at the Collingswood Book Festival from 10am to 4pm on October 2, 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment