7/2/22

I Did It Again!


It's been a challenging thing, getting back into writing regularly after taking a break to grieve. However, I'm happy that I pushed through emotional pain to create a heartfelt story between a mother and daughter at a July 4th beach day for the Cat & Mouse Beach Holiday contest. I've been submitting short stories to this contest since 2018, but I haven't been successful since that first time at seeing my story among others in an award-winning anthology series. I've learned, though, that rejections aren't a bad thing for a writer. I use it to propel me to continue creating stories that I'd like to read. Besides, I already have a plan for any short story I write. One way or another, as I have breath, I will make them available for the world to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your sad loss. Congratulations on keeping going and resuming the writing.

    ReplyDelete